How to Write / Express A Fraction As A Percent / Decimal
If you don’t find an authentic solution for A Fraction As A Percent, then don’t worry because you are in the place where you will get only authentic information to convert a fraction into a percent. But for this mathematical problem, you need to strictly follow the formula which helps you to convert a fraction into a percent.
Also, you will get a clear understanding that what steps you need to easily convert a fraction into a percent or vice versa. With this information, you can save lots of time and you will not need to put any hard effort to convert fraction to percent and percent to fraction.
What is the easiest method to convert fraction to percent?
The given method is the easiest and most authentic method to convert a fraction to a percent, it is as follows:
1. Divide the upper (numerator) value by the bottom (denominator) value.
2. After getting a result from the above step, now you only need to multiply the recent result only by 100.
3. Now, you get the result as a percent and add the % (percent) symbol to the final result.
Let’s consider we have a 1/2 fraction value, which we need to change to the percent. So, you will get an answer of 0.5% which is easy. Moreover, with this method, you can even solve complex conversions from a fraction to a percent.
What is the easiest formula to convert fraction to percent?
Well, the working formula will work the same in all conversions but the complexity of the conversions is also dependent on its mathematical terms. The formula which you need to follow to convert a fraction to a percent is as follows:
P= N/D * 100
For your better understanding, you need to note that,
N is the numerator or the upper value of the fraction,
D is the denominator or the bottom value of the fraction,
P is the percent which you want as a result.
Let’s consider, that we have a 1/4 fraction value which we need to convert to percent. So, within two steps we can successfully convert fraction to percent.
1. Firstly, you need to use division to convert the fraction to a decimal:
1 ÷ 4, which is equal to 0.25
2. Finally, you need to use multiplication to get the result in percent value:
0.25 × 100, which is equal to 25 percent or 25%.
Listed Questions Answers
1. How to change 4/5 to a percent?
Answer. The process of converting a fraction into a percent is really simple if you completely understand the formula. To convert 4/5 to a percent, you need to follow the given steps:
- Divide the upper (numerator) value “4” by the bottom (denominator) value “5”.
- Then you will get a 0.80 result.
- In the last step, you need to multiply the recent result by 0.80 only by 100 and you will get 80% or 80 percent.
2. How to convert 3/4 to a percent?
Answer. To convert a fraction into a percent, you need to keep following the above formula and the conversion will be easy for you. To convert 3/4 and wants to get the result in percent, then follow the given steps:
- Divide “3” upper value by the bottom value “4”
3/4 = 0.75
- Then, multiply the recent result only by 100,
0.75 × 100, you will get 75.
- Add percent or % to the result, 75%.